Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Snowshoeing

When Kevin suggested snowshoeing I was like "so you just walk around in the snow in snowshoes and that's it?".  Yep, that's pretty much it.  Hmm...I can do this.  I've been walking for years.  No lessons required.  Plus we had just spent an obscene amount of money on ski pants and jackets, and I was looking for a good non-ski excuse to test them out.  While I was excited that I possessed the necessary skills (and clothing) to partake in this outdoorsy winter activity, I have to admit I was skeptical if snowshoeing was any fun.  My doubts were crushed when last weekend Kevin and I gave snowshoeing a try in Engelberg.  We didn't quite make it to the top of Mt. Titlis, and we defintatley didn't make the Titlis cliff walk (that is my worst fear/nightmare come to life), but can you believe that I actually loved it!  Yes walking around in the snow in snowshoes is fun, a great workout, and a fantastic way to take in the incredible scenery of Switzerland.  We enjoyed ourselves so much that we're seriously considering purchasing our very own set of snowshoes.

Kevin representin' Trinidad in his patriotic ski/snowshoe outfit

Kevin playing in the snow

Mya being cute in the snow

Family photo at our destination



The greatest danger of snowshoeing: devil bunnies and deer emerging from the forest


Mya leading the way home

5 comments:

  1. Not bad for a girl from Florida & a guy from the Caribbean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love. Thank you for letting me enjoy these outings vicariously through you. And by "you" I mean Maya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't even realize how amazing her life is

    ReplyDelete