Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Positano & Pompeii

The day after I got back from Ireland we took a morning flight to Italy for a long weekend in Positano (a village along the Amalfi Coast).  Ten of us stayed in a very nice airbnb villa with fantastic views.  I especially loved my cave bedroom in the basement that blocked out all sound of the partying going on above me.  Unfortunately the combo of being wiped out from my Irish road trip & a growing baby in my belly stealing all my energy caused me to go into heavy hibernation mode.  I napped a lot.  One day I think I only saw 3 hours of daylight.  However, the times that I was able to keep my eyes open were spent walking around town and taking boat rides (one with a hired driver, another with Marc at the helm).  On our last day we had a late flight back home.  So taking advantage of the extra time, on the way to Naples airport we made a pit stop at Pompeii.
The Villa
View from the Terrace
While I was sleeping...


Boat Ride #1







"There's a baby inside me!"
What I yelled at Marc as he sped over waves making all the girls hold on for dear life as we bounced up and down.  It worked.  He slowed down after that.







Walk Around Town












Boat Ride #2
The way home from this boat ride had some rough patches.  I was, surprise surprise, napping in the cabin below when all of sudden I woke up in mid air as we were going over some very choppy waters.  Poor baby got a bit jostled.  








A village we stopped off at...




Pompeii















No comments:

Post a Comment