Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Public Service Announcement - brought to you by Kevin

It is with great sadness that I inform you the 33 Bus route Tiefenbrunnen to Morgental has been DISCONTINUED indefinitely! Those of us wishing to do the end-to-end journey going forward will be forced to switch between the 33 and the 72 halfway. I give you a moment to let this sink in.

Like the erection of the Berlin Wall, this switch occurred overnight without anyone noticing until it was too late. As the wall divided Berlin, and as the re-districting of Dillon Texas separated the town into the West Dillon Panthers and East Dillon Lions (in Friday Night Lights), the ZVV has split Zurich into the "33-side" and the "72-side".


As a resident of the "72-side", I feel cut-off from the city. But those of us on the "33-side" should feel no different, as when we ride the bus we must ask ourselves........is this really the 33? Truth in fact, the Bus 33 number should have been retired and replaced entirely with a new number. Expats arriving in 2014 looking at a ZVV map will see the 33 route and have no idea what once was. This alone may have been the ZVV"s most grave error.


But there is hope. While in Texas we never did see a reunification of Dillon football, one only needs to look at Berlin to remember that eventually smarter heads prevailed. But until then, at least we all have FaceTime so I can still see my 33-sider friends. Or I guess I could just take the 9 Tram from Schmeide to Bellevue.....but thats not the point is it.


#33forever

R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment