Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Christmas Family Vacay: Part IV - Swiss Christmas Day & Boxing Day

Christmas Day: Zürich
After a night of drunken revelry, it came as no surprise that Christmas Day ended up being quite chill. We were very good little boys and girls, and started the day off by attending mass at our beautiful neighborhood church (even though it was in German I say we still get points for going).  Afterwards we enjoyed a champagne brunch, followed by gift giving and a Christmas movie marathon.  The night was ended with fondue and raclette; a perfect finale to our Swiss Christmas Day.
Champagne Christmas
Mya Santa
Don't you love our matching red shirts & white sweaters?  Such nerds.
Alan, tell us more.
Merry Christmas!
Boxing Day: Davos
The 26th marked the last day of my family's vacation, so we decided to go out with a bang and give sledging (Swiss sledding) a go.  I'm sure you're all well aware by now, that I am a chickenshit when it comes to heights.  However, I was going to play it by ear and take a look at the sledge run before I fully backed out.  Well it turns out that sledging isn't anything like my childhood memories of sledding down Virginia hills.  This ain't no hill your sliding down, it's the freakin' Alps.  Speeding down a 6km bumpy run, in a wooden sledge with only your feet to steer you round the icy corners, praying that you don't loose control and fly over the edge is far from my idea of fun.  I happen to value my life and the use of my limbs.  So surprise, surprise I wussed out.  Why can't it be summer already, so I don't have to feel like such a loser all the time?
The brave ones
After our day of sledging (and not sledging), the time had come to say goodbye to my parents, Matt, and Susie.  Although it's alway sad to say farewell, the memories of our great family vacation will always put a smile on my face.  Love you guys! xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment