Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ballet & Boobies

Being the lucky gal that I am, around Valentine's Kevin took me out for an evening at the ballet.  We saw Ballet Zurich perform 3 different pieces, and I was blown away.  I danced for 12 years and grew up going to see ballets, but I've never seen a performance quite like this.  I found the choreography to be so innovative and it really got me excited about ballet again.  Kevin didn't even fall asleep. That's how good it was.

Us in the theater's lobby
The first piece was called "New Sleep".  Now this one was a little cooky.  It had a lot going on.  The combo of a little too much choreography with the ear piercing music could leave you prone to an epileptic fit.  Sounds harsh, but I still enjoyed it.  It certainly wasn't boring.

I was really impressed with the last two "Hill Harper's Dream" and  "Sleight of Hand".  "Hill Harper's Dream" had a skiing theme.  How appropriate for a Swiss ballet company to perform choreography that includes a pair of skis and a mountain.  "Sleight of Hand" was so theatrical and by far my favorite. The wings were closed off with floor to ceiling black curtains, and upstage stood a man and woman on stilts wearing long flowing black costumes.  It created such a dramatic effect.  And near the end the woman on stilts took her top off.  Why?  I don't know.  I guess because she could?  It is Europe after all.  Maybe that's why Kevin didn't fall asleep.  Here's a short trailer of all three pieces.  You'll have to go yourself to see the woman in black's boobies, but you do get a lil' see-through top action...




2 comments:

  1. Very cool, I LOVE it! And by "it" I mean the fact that you got a j'ouvert-lovin' Trini to the ballet. Peter woulda been snoring before the curtain was all the way up. Good for you, Kev!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the secret: no heavy dinner before hand, espresso intermission at least every 30 min, and a ballerina boob flash dispersed throughout to keep his attention on the art.

    ReplyDelete